This week’s TBR List is brought to you by ice cream.
- McDonald’s is introducing self-published, nutritional books into its Happy Meals. I say, good! Use your great power for good.
- If you’re morning impaired, you should probably prepare your coffee ahead.
- Halloween’s coming. Make skull eggs.
- Book lovers! Sign up for Book Riot’s new Quarterly collaboration. Every quarter, you’ll get a free book and other cool booky things for just $50.
- In case you hadn’t noticed, The Amateur Gourmet is recapping Top Chef, week by week, cartoon-style.
- I love caramelized onions but am a pro at burning them. This how-to from The Kitchn should help. (I hope?)
- Not yet ready to say goodbye to book awards for the year? Fear not — the National Book Awards shortlists just came out.