Announcing Our June Book Club Selection
I'm so excited to share our inaugural book club selection. So, without further ado:
About ODDS AGAINST TOMORROW:
“New York City, the near future: Mitchell Zukor, a gifted young mathematician, is hired by a mysterious new financial consulting firm, FutureWorld. The business operates out of an empty office in the Empire State Building; Mitchell is employee number two.
He is asked to calculate worst-case scenarios in the most intricate detail, and his schemes are sold to corporations to indemnify them against any future disasters. This is the cutting edge of corporate irresponsibility, and business is booming."
Has the official recap got you intrigued? It should. This is a story of fear, manipulation and recovery. I can't wait to discuss it.
Two ways to join
- [In person] Meet us on June 29th for lunch and lively conversation in Chicago.
- [Virtual] Chat with us on Facebook on June 30th for a scintillating discussion. (You will have to supply your own snacks. Sorry.)
Claim your spot
- Sign up for PAPER/PLATES email alerts by clicking here or entering your email address at the bottom of this post.
- Send an email to amina [at] paperplatesblog.com with the subject line “Save me a spot in June’s book club!” or “Send me details about June’s book club Facebook chat!” For the in-person meeting, spots will be first come, first serve up to 10 people.
- Wait for your confirmation email where I’ll provide you the when and where, as well as details about paying the $5 membership fee.
Buy your copy of ODDS AGAINST TOMORROW by clicking here, then claim your spot in the club today!
In case you need a refresher, you can get the rules and details about how the club works here.
Can't wait to get started with our first meeting!