This week’s TBR List is brought to you by questionable food ideas.
- The former president of Trader Joe's has a plan to use unsold food past it sell-by date: He's going to cook it and sell it to the poor.
- For the kid in all of us, a foolproof way to make any sort of rice krispie-esque treat.
- Great news! Amazon isn't killing indie bookstores, it's driving people to seek them out.
- Isn't offering better in-flight vegetarian options just straight up logical?
- I taste tested three grocery store coffees and found Gevalia a pleasant surprise. Now to turn my husband into a cup of Johan.
- Tell me you celebrated National Punctuation Day. Please.
- Is the new Goodreads policy forbidding author criticism encouragement to play nice, or just plain ol' censorship?
And, to round out the week:
I hear Barilla pasta is making a new product--bigotoni.
— George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) September 27, 2013