This week’s TBR List is brought to you by what could have been.
- I asked Instagram/Facebook followers to help name my new money plant (pictured), which was a gift from Nazihah. Of the suggestions, I settled on Penny! Make sure you follow me so you can help name my next one.
- My bookshelves are really important to me, so I appreciate these styling tips to help make them beauteous and worthy of display.
- A peek into Chicago's thriving live lit scene.
- You can roast your own coffee beans at home using...a popcorn popper?
- Our government is hibernating and that's affecting libraries.
- The wackiest (best?) book trailer I've ever seen.
- Titles that could have been: Mastering the Art of French Cooking edition.
- A new study says you should read literary fiction — it'll help you with empathy, social perception and emotional intelligence. Feelings!
- I finally know the difference between baking soda and baking powder (but I still don't know how to sub one for the other, or if that's even allowed).