8 Gift Ideas for Food Lovers
Ever since I was a kid, my birthday always signaled more than my entry into a new year — it meant the beginning of holiday season. Aside from Thanksgiving, I never celebrated any of the traditional wintertime holidays (although Eid did fall in the snowy months a few times). Regardless, winter was always a season for spending time with the family and exchanging gifts with friends. Over the next few weeks, I'll be bringing you some fun gift ideas inspired by what I'd give my loved ones if I chose to play Santa for a day. I hope you'll find some items you like for your friends, family and even yourself. (You're totally allowed to take advantage of holiday sales for your own gain — that's kind of the other thing this season is about.)
As you can see, my first list is gift ideas for food lovers. Coming up, I'll also be sharing gift ideas for readers, writers, and one centered on items you can make yourself. Join in for even more fun on my PAPER/PLATES Gift Guide 2013 Pinterest board.
1. Measuring Gaggle, $36 — These sweet measuring cups would look great on open kitchen shelving.
2. Cuisine Couture Apron, $32 — For the perfect hostess, an an apron as pretty as it is functional.
3. 'What to Eat' Magnetized Note Pad, $7.50 — Get someone started on their New Year's resolution with this cute meal planning tool.
4. The Four & Twenty Blackbirds Pie Book, $19 — Convince your favorite baker to make her (or his!) pie and eat it too.
5. Salt & Pepper Cellars, $18 — Whimsical, friendly cellars to hold one's most reached-for seasonings.
6. Ottolenghi: The Cookbook, $22 — Travel to the Mediterranean with this acclaimed cookbook.
7. Instagram Camera and Custom Instagram Photo Cookies, $32 — Get your favorite shutterbug's best food 'grams printed straight onto cookies!
8. Bunny Shape Honey Jar, $10 — A modern take on the traditional honey bear jar. Pair with fabulous local honey for a sweet treat.
What are some of your favorite culinary gift ideas?