Welcome back to the second edition of my holiday gift guide! This one, obviously, is dedicated to those for whom reading is more than an activity — it's an experience. This is for the ones who set aside time to read, who disappear into their books, who read for their souls as much as their minds. The way I read is varied. I usually prefer hardcovers to paperbacks, but I have no problem grabbing my Kindle when I commute or travel. When things are busy with work, I try to set aside an hour here or there to get a few chapters in. But how I really love to read is snuggled on my leather couch in a blanket, with a candle lit and a hot drink. You'll find that atmosphere has inspired these gift ideas for bookworms.
1. Personal library kit, $12 — Because lending out books without rules is a dangerous exercise.
2. Oxford Library Book Lovers' Scented Soy Candle, $14 — With this, you can enjoy that cozy library smell while reading in the comfort of your own home.
3. Mighty Bright TravelFlex Book Light, $11 — Perfect for those of us who read under the covers...or who live with early sleepers.
4. Charter Club Carved Faux Fur Throw, $70 — I have the plain version of this cozy blanket and love that the inside is smooth. If I wanted to add to my collection, though, I'd have to go for one of these more festive options.
5. Kindle Paperwhite, $119-179 — A lifesaver for commuters or frequent travelers. Equally appropriate for sedentary e-book lovers.
7. Bose QuietComfort Acoustic Noise-Cancelling Headphones, $269 — Can you think of anything worse than background noise interfering with an enjoyable read? For a more affordable option, consider these Skullcandy headphones, which are about $60 and come in a variety of fun colors.
8. Popbar variety pack, $29 — The perfect accompaniment to an engrossing novel is obviously, obviously hot chocolate. Especially when it comes on a stick.
What are some gifts you're giving the bookworms in your life?