This week's TBR List is brought to you by scientific proof.
- Slate says James Beard was wrong and garlic powder is awesome. Agree?
- Science confirms it: Organic milk really is healthier.
- Meet the guy who translated Moby Dick into emoji. Because what better way to express classic literature?
- The Sriracha shutdown is happening. Begin hoarding immediately.
- Joy the Baker has a video series called Bonkers Awesome! I don't know if I like it as much as her podcast, but it's worth checking out.
- If you're rude to the barista in this French cafe, you get charged more. Politeness pays,guys.
- Public libraries may be the ultimate American institution.
- Guess how many restaurant workers don't wash their hands after handling raw beef.
- And now, totally unrelated to anything on this blog, a video of Conan, Ice Cube and Kevin Hart taking a Lyft ride. Watch it with headphones on.