This week's TBR List is brought to you by finally going to Eataly.
- I got some good news this week and went to Eataly to celebrate! I loved: The decor, the variety, the espresso, the pesce al forno. I was disappointed by: The much-hyped Nutella bar, the plating.
- Anyone up for a dinner party? I'm just looking for an excuse to make this caramelized shallot dip.
- These are the best-selling books of 2013 according to Amazon. Surprised?
- New York might be getting a Museum of Food and Drink. Yes, I'm jealous.
- As if I weren't already jealous of NYC, the city has just passed legislation banning foam to-go boxes and requiring composting at large restaurants.
- Tips for better cookies. Secret: Mine always, always turn out dry.
- I just finished Longbourn by Jo Baker. Full review coming in January but I just want to say that I stayed up until 3 a.m. on a weeknight to finish reading it and I suggest giving it a go over the holidays.
Note: After our usual Monday pairing post, we'll be taking some time off from posting. After enjoying a nice holiday break, I'll be back on January 6, 2014. In the meantime, keep up with me on Instagram. I can take a break from other social media but give me Insta, or give me death. Merry (early) Christmas to all who celebrate and best wishes for the new year!