Congratulations to all who won free tickets to Good Food Festival events this weekend. If you'll be around the festival Saturday morning, I hope to run into you!
- The Farmer's Fridge vending machine system (fresh salads, replenished daily) is kind of brilliant.
- Even in the digital age, technophile Americans still love libraries.
- A roundup of satisfying vegan lunch ideas (because eating meat midday makes me sleepy).
- Famous novels' opening lines, dissected.
- Amtrak is formalizing its writer's residency program, but there's a catch.
- A depiction of the seasons, particularly accurate in regards to this week in Chicago.
- These are the best Tumblr accounts for book nerds.
- It's PI DAY! Celebrate.
- Amazon Prime will soon cost $99 a year. Will the change affect where you shop/buy books?