I'm finally taking lunch breaks again. Even though I've read all the articles about why it's bad to eat lunch at your desk, I still did it nearly every day. That is, until this week. First, the weather's gotten better so I'm motivated to sit at the little patio tables out front on Michigan Ave. Then there's the fact that I'm in the middle of an excellent novel, All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, and taking a reading break has been giving me the midday boost I need better than caffeine can. (Check back next week for my pairings post on this book.) The hard part, of course, is putting the book down and returning to work.
What do you do on your lunch break?
And now, the links!
- I'm o b s e s s e d with Skinnypop.
- If I were having a party this weekend, I'd make fruit ice cubes.
- Garfield + Jaden Smith's tweets = genius.
- TBT? Food trends that died. LOL.
- I'd love to have bookshelves in the dining room. (That is, if I had a dining room)
- On using a pen name when you have no need to hide. I write under my maiden name, and I like the public/private distance it gives me.
- An NYT critic surveys the summer's best books.
- This is why we need plucky heroines.