The TBR List: Arbitrary
I decided this week to get a little more flexible with this blog. Last year, I challenged myself to set a schedule for weekly features and stick to it — and I was proud to mostly manage that. But by the end of the year, I felt like I was searching for ideas out of obligation, not inspiration.
Not the ideal motivator for blogging.
So I've arbitrarily decided to switch things up a bit. I'll still be posting Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and Mondays will still always be our book and recipe pairings. On Wednesdays, I'll be sharing book club menus, in depth looks at great things I've read recently and the occasional At The Table With interview. The TBR List will remain, but from now on it'll probably be shorter. I'll just tell you about my weekend plans or something.
In that spirit: I have absolutely no plans this weekend. Zero. I've taken today off to take care of some life stuff and following that I plan to lie on my couch and binge on books and Netflix. I'm so excited.
- Do you know about "orthorexia"? It's "a pathological obsession for biologically pure and healthy nutrition" and it's not a good thing.
- Someone asked Neil Gaiman for writing tips on Tumblr. He answered in the most Neil Gaiman-y way possible. And it's great.
- A reusable takeout container could be a game-changer. But takeout containers are a big part of the reason I don't buy lunch every day. If this came to Chicago, it could be bad for my wallet.
- This spiced carrot, pistachio and almond cake. I agree with Tim, from Lottie + Doof: screw resolutions!
- U.S. vs. U.K. covers. I always wonder why the covers for these countries are so different. Then again, I prefer 5 of the 8 U.S. covers. I guess publishers know their markets.