You guys, I've figured out why Halloween candy exists. It's to reward us for making it through the hellish, feels-like-it's-never-going-to-end month that is October. We made it! Let's gorge on sugar to celebrate!
In an effort to keep this short and sweet (haha, can't help myself), here are my top five Halloween candies, ranked:
- SOUR PATCH KIDS
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Laffy Taffy
Pictured above: What's rest of the Halloween candy I bought "for the Trick or Treaters" in our apartment building, whom I incidentally did not sign up to host.
What are your favorite Halloween candies?
LINK OR TREAT!
- Don't let the grocery store trick you.
- Classic literature — haiku to Hemingway — by the numbers.
- It's hard for me to accept that "artisanal ice" — $1 per cube — is a thing.
- I really, really need a reading nook. If I say it enough, maybe it'll come true.
- Do you ever get stuck in a reading slump? I'm working my way out of one now.
- An eye-opening look at diets around the world. Spoiler: U.S. rules in sugar and fat.
- As someone on Facebook asked, "Can food ever be just food?" Sigh. I don't think so.