The TBR List: Control
With Ramadan ending last week, the urge to make a quick return to gluttony was a strong one. And, admittedly, I've indulged in donuts, slurpees and macarons this week. But after watching an excellent documentary called Fed Up (it's on Netflix), I'm going to make sure that doesn't become a habit. The Katie Couric-narrated film demonstrates the threat that sugar — that insidious ingredient that makes up flavor in reduced fat foods — poses to our health at a nation. Will I cut sugar out? No, but I will be more thoughtful about how and when I consume it.
Above: I'm planning to make popsicles this weekend, which reminds me of these delicious coffee ice pops I made last summer.
Hope you have a great weekend. Here are some of my favorite links from the week:
- The most beautiful natural art I've ever seen: One tree, forty fruit.
- Food-themed beach reads.
- Map: great American literary road trips.
- How to write a book in 15 minutes a day.
- Food emojis IRL! 🍫 🍰 ☕️
- The world's most beautiful libraries.
- A storied New York bookstore reaches a happy ending.
- Make core ice cream à la Ben and Jerry.