The TBR List: Dec. 11
I think I'm finally out of my reading rut. As soon as the days shortened up, my routine got thrown off and the easiest thing to sacrifice was reading time. But this week I picked up Mindy Kaling's Why Not Me? and it's such an easy read — and a fun one — that it's gotten me back into the groove. What do you pick up to get yourself back in the reading mood?
Above: I often turn to this pizza dough recipe when I'm short on time. And I always broil my pizza, especially when I top it with beef pepperoni.
You think about that. In the meantime, here are some links I enjoyed this week:
- These are the 100 best dishes in Chicago this year.
- This seems like a pretty good reason to treat food as medicine.
- "Owning books in the home is one of the best things you can do for your children academically."
- There are so many cool details in this apartment — and it's above a bookstore!
- I always worry about the cooking smells that linger in my small apartment. Good odor-fighting tips here.
- My friends are obsessed with this gorgeous, snowflake-shaped bread.
- Would someone please make me some homemade mint milanos?
- "Microkitchen" is quite a euphemism, but more space for entertaining certainly sounds nice.
- Don't miss my gift guide for readers and writers!