The TBR List: Freedom
Happy Fourth of July weekend! I am so excited for the three-day weekend, even though I haven't quite figured out my plans yet. It was a crazy week at work — Chicago implemented a new 'cloud tax' and my reporting on it landed me a front page story, a couple of radio hits and more tweets than I've gotten on any topic, ever. Phew. An exciting week, to be sure, but now I'm looking forward to a fun and relaxing holiday weekend. Hope yours is the same!
- The big one: The New York Times suggested putting peas in your guac and people freaked out.
- An Italian taste-tested American junk food and the results were embarrassing.
- Don't discriminate against ugly veggies! (It's hard, I know.)
- How to make the best ice cream mix-ins.
- Diary-style novels by female authors worth reading.
- Everything you need to know about English tea times.
- Last year for the Fourth, I made a crostata with raspberries and blueberries with a riff on this recipe.
- I love the bookshelves in this beautiful home.