The TBR List: Jan. 8
Great news, everyone: I'm out of my reading rut! I guess it has something to do with the new year and having a fresh start. I just finished California by Edan Lepucki and will have a pairing post for you very soon. I'm excited to get back into the pairing game after a month of gift guides :)
I'm looking forward to a great year, full of interesting books and plenty of lipstick-marked coffee mugs. Here are some of the interesting things I read lately:
- This is what happens when sketch artists draw book characters.
- A short-ish history of the croissant. Dare you not to salivate.
- Fascinating. Did you know that food confiscated in airports is ground up and trashed?
- Heads up: new dietary guidelines. Bye bye, food pyramid.
- Homemade break-and-bake cookies. I need this for the occasional craving.
- I'm surprised by how much I hate the new two-tone Le Creuset line.
- All the ways Shakespeare killed his characters.
- Last but not least, these are the books The Millions' staff is most excited for in the first half of 2016.