The TBR List: July 31
Last night, we went to Millennium Park for a free live taping of the popular NPR show Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me! We got there early, but there were so many people — four thousand, we heard — that we got pushed outside the main seating area and barely heard anything. Luckily, we packed a bunch of good snacks from Trader Joe's and made a meal of them. As you can see, we can chips, crackers, popcorn, caramelized onion dip, olives and more. Our friend brought sharp cheddar and beef pepperoni. Some would call the meat, cheese and crackers charcuterie. We called them adult Lunchables.
Not sure how we're going to top that this weekend.
- The 2015 Booker longlist is out. Have you read any of these? I haven't :(
- Forget watercolors. This artist paints with coffee instead.
- Heartwarming: This boy was reading junk mail because he couldn't afford books. Not anymore.
- Homes from literature reviewed as though they were Airbnb listings.
- How good does this sound? Roasted chicken thighs with green peaches, ginger and summer herbs.
- I love seeing how others see my city. In this case, it's Stephanie from Desserts for Breakfast.