The TBR List: Sept. 11
True life: I just realized I hate Labor Day. I mean, I love the long weekend, but the four-day work week throws off my groove and the end of summer (look at it — so beautiful!) is always sad. But I shouldn't despair; fall in Chicago is sweet, and it's right around the corner.
This weekend I'm headed to two birthday parties, one for a baby and another for an adult. Life always changes; life stays the same.
- My birthday's coming up. (Hint, hint.)
- 24 hours in Singapore sounds just lovely.
- Food for thought about a white man who used a Chinese pseudonym to get published.
- Three words: homemade Milano cookies.
- I'm determined to go apple picking this year.
- How to frost a cake like a pro.
- Authors explain their books without explaining the plots. Fun.
- Chicago is home to a beautiful, new library.