The TBR List: Swing
What are you up to this weekend? I haven't quite figured out all my plans. I was hoping to get some outdoor time but with Chicago's weather swinging around like it has been (60s last week, snow this past Monday, then back up to the 40s and rumors or more snow today) it seems that might be tough. We've got some dinner plans and brunch plans, but I'm also hoping to squeeze in some baking. Scones are sounding pretty good right about now...
Here are some of the most interesting links I read this week.
- A graphical look at which books have been banned over history — and why.
- L.A.'s fast food ban didn't work because it didn't go far enough.
- I always wonder why ingredient substitutions guides feature ingredients I would never have on hand. Macadamia nut butter??
- This tweet made me snicker.
- Chicago's getting a cat café. Yes, some people are already calling it a catfé.
- Books to read in your thirties. Seems I'm ahead of the game.
- How can so many people care about one woman's hair? (No, I'm not talking about Kim K.)
Photo by Brian Koprowski via Flickr/Creative Commons